Only a week after the release of Gajim 1.4.0, we’re happy to announce Gajim 1.4.1! 🎉 This release brings several fixes for issues you reported to us. Thanks for your feedback!
In order to make it easier to reach us for help, we added a new menu item “Join Support Chat” under “Help”. Clicking it will directly join our support chat at email@example.com.
While redesigning the message window, we moved message timestamps to the right. While this leads to a less cluttered look, it requires users to move their focus from one side to the other. To improve this situation, we moved them to the left, right next to the nickname.
Windows users please note: Windows builds are now based on Python 3.9, which does not run on Windows 7 or older.
Several issues have been fixed in this release.
- Update unread counter if being mentioned in a public group chat
- Windows: Fix notification area icon not disappearing when closing Gajim
- Fix error if opening chat with missing trust data
- Fix crash when trying to remove chat history
- Failsafe for missing avatar images
- Fix Jingle file transfers for drag and drop and pasted images
Have a look at the changelog for the complete list.