As promised earlier, releasing new Gajim versions is now much easier! 🎉 Gajim 1.4.2 comes with better performance and an important bugfix. But there is more! After popular demand, we brought back the calendar for browsing history.
Mainly it’s one bug we fixed in this release. We improved how Gajim manages chat messages it displays to you. Before this improvement, messages would sometimes only show after changing focus or resizing the window. This issue has been fixed.
After popular demand, we brought back the calendar for browsing history. The new search view now offers a calendar button which lets you choose which day Gajim should jump to.
Windows users please note: Windows builds are now based on Python 3.9, which does not run on Windows 7 or older.
Several issues have been fixed in this release.
- Fix for marking messages as read by the recipient when sending messages from another device
- Fix for offline contacts not filtered out in the contact list
- Fix for sorting contacts by by status in the contact list
- Status messages are now correctly kept through restarting Gajim, if enabled
- Fix canceling Jingle file transfers
- Improve behavior for Send Button in connection with pressing Enter
Have a look at the changelog for the complete list.