Gajim 1.7.0 is mostly a bug fixing release. Due to fundamental changes in the build system, we decided to jump from 1.6.x to 1.7 directly. Thank you for all your contributions!
Gajim’s build system had significant changes, which makes it necessary for package maintainers to change some things, as documented in the readme file.
- Account creation: Don’t allow to add account twice
- File previews: You can now disable automatic previews, and we added an additional setting for enabling previews for files up to 25 MiB
- Fixed an issue which arised when using python-cryptography in conjunction with OpenSSL 3.x
- Fixed encryption issues when trying to send multiple files at once
- Fixed voice call clockrate mismatch for echo reduction
- Fixed loading localized emojis