February brings many bug fixes for the upcoming Gajim 1.3.1 release. The Profile window’s error handling has been improved, and selecting small images for an avatar should now work as expected. While fixing those bugs, we’ve been working on something big.
Changes in Gajim
Roughly a month ago, we started a rework of Gajim’s main window. This will bring fundamental changes to Gajim, but it will also take some time until it’s ready to be shown. Many core functionalities are tied to the ‘roster window’, which displays your contact list. This is due to Gajim being grown around the contact list acting as the main entry point for almost every action. Currently, we’re in the process of untying those functionalities in order to separate them from the contact list. While this work happens mostly in the background, we managed to fix a good portion of new bugs which showed after the release of Gajim 1.3.0. Thanks everyone for reporting issues!
What else happened
- Added setting to explicitly enable GSSAPI authentication
- Added account badge for group chat invitations #10424
- Removed ASCII Emoji replacing mechanism for incoming messages (Gajim now displays them as intended by the sender)
- Better error handling for the new Profile window
- Improved avatar selector (works now for images <100 px)
- Improved accounts window layout #10438
- Account Creation: Links offered by servers during registration are now clickable #10445
- Gajim now displays an error if gateway registration fails #10443
- Fixed horizontal scrollbar sometimes appearing in the chat window
- Fixed crash which appeared when trying to open the Contact Information window for offline contacts #10273
- Fixed crash occurring when clicking a ‘connection failed’ notification #10436
- Fixed rare crash which occurred when disabling video preview in preferences #10430
Gajim’s URL Image Preview plugin now respects EXIF rotation when generating previews.
Changes in python-nbxmpp
python-nbxmpp 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 have been released, addressing multiple bugs. GSSAPI authentication has to be enabled explicitly, since it could lead to complications when other mechanisms are available as well. Furthermore, an issue with the publication of avatars has been fixed.
As always, feel free to join email@example.com to discuss with us.