February brought a unified Groupchat Details window, which offers all the configuration knobs you need. Also this month: less memory leaks and improved OMEMO QR codes.
Changes in Gajim
In April last year, we introduced Gajim’s new Contact Information window. This month, we took on group chats and their various windows and management pages, introducing a unified ‘Groupchat Details’ window. Groupchat Details offer:
- an information page
- a settings page for your local preferences (e.g. whether to send read markers or not)
- a management page (for subject, avatar, etc.)
- two pages for managing affiliation of participants and banned users
- a configuration page for owners
What else happened:
- Gajim’s file preview received some fail-safes
- Removed support for server announce (already covered by Ad-Hoc Commands)
- Removed Single Message window
- Fixed several memory leaks
- Added an ‘unread marker’ for your accounts in the account sidebar
- Fixed displaying emojis on MacOS
Gajim’s OMEMO plugin received some improvements which should make it easier for cameras to scan QR Codes.
As always, feel free to join firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss with us.