Development on the new Gajim version continued in July, bringing many fixes and improvements. Also this month: WebSocket improvements and a new python-nbxmpp release.
Changes in Gajim
Since version 1.2, Gajim offers WebSocket support via XEP-0156. A recent fix enables you to directly connect via WebSocket while creating an account.
Meanwhile, work on the next Gajim version made some progress:
- Workspaces now support custom avatars
- Improved usability of Gajim’s new Search View
- Group chat creation is working again
- Improvements for message scrolling and jump to bottom button
- Fixes for Gajim’s new Notification Manager, which handles contact requests and group chat invitation
- Fixes for direct messages (private messages/direct messages in group chats)
- Fixes for initial migration from Gajim 1.3
What else happened
- #10478: Fixed issue with Tests
- #10598: Fixed issue when adding Note property to vCard
- Updated API JID for search.jabber.network group chat search
- Fixed History Manager’s stand alone mode
Gajim’s URL Image Preview plugin received a fix to prevent issues while trying to generate previews for zero-byte files or corrupted files.
Changes in python-nbxmpp
A bug has been fixed with RSM count requests (#120), which affected Gajim’s history synchronization.
This fix, and also many improvements concerning Ad-Hoc commands, are included in the new
As always, feel free to join email@example.com to discuss with us.