Gajim 1.5.4 comes with a reworked file transfer interface, better URL detection, message selection improvements, and many fixes under the hood. Thank you for all your contributions!
Quoi de neuf
Gajim’s interface for sending files has been reworked, and should be much easier to use now. For each file you’re about to send, Gajim will generate a preview. This way, you can avoid sending the wrong file to somebody. Regardless of how you start a file transfer, be it drag and drop, pasting a screen shot, or simply clicking the share button, you’ll always be able to check what you’re about to send.
- Performance: Chat history is now displayed quicker
- Support for Jingle XTLS has been dropped, since it hasn’t been standardized
- geo:-URIs are now prettier (thanks, @mjk)
- Dependencies: pyOpenSSL has been replaced by python-cryptography
- Fixes for message selection
- Improvements for recognizing URLs (@mjk)
- Many fixes to improve Gajim’s usability