Gajim 1.5.2 brings another performance boost, better emojis, improvements for group chat moderators, and many bug fixes. Thank you for all your contributions!
Quoi de neuf
Generating performance profiles for Gajim revealed some bottlenecks in Gajim’s code. After fixing these, switching chats should now feel snappier than before.
Did you know that you can use shortcodes for typing emojis? Typing
example will open a popup with emojis to choose from. Now there are even
more shortcodes waiting for you. Also, emojis combined by
ZJW sequences are now rendered
correctly, if they are used for workspace icons.
This release comes with an improvement for admins and moderators of group chats as well: You can now right-click the profile picture of any participant to reach moderation tools.
There has been a bug where messages sent by you would not show under certain circumstances. Various users chimed in to help fixing this bug by reporting under which circumstances it would appear. Thanks for your help!
- Support for HEIF image previews
- Server info dialog now shows TLS version and cipher used for your connection
- For developers: Gajim now offers a content viewer PEP nodes
- Hotkey for re-opening closed chats: Ctrl+Shift+W
- Gajim now highlights areas where you can drop chats or workspaces
- Nickname suggestions in group chats should yield better results now
- Text in right-to-left languages is now aligned correctly
- Notifications for group chat messages have been fixed
Over 20 issues have been fixed in this release.
Jetez un œil au journal de modifications pour une liste complète.